This page contains affiliate links. Disclosure is in the footer.
There are so many reasons why I prefer paper planning! Paper planning has been game-changer for me. Lately, the biggest impact has been from having everything out of my head and visually in front of me. I am able to think more clearly and plan in a more productive way. Paper planning significantly reduces the number of distractions so you can stay more focused on what you are trying to accomplish.
10 Reasons I Prefer Paper Planning
1.Scrolling. I don’t like it. A screen on any digital device is only so big, which limits the amount of text you are able to see at one time.
2. Being able to have as many pages in front of you as my heart desires. I am then able to bring some order to the chaos that was in my mind.
3. Apps aren’t setup for my needs. While you can do some customizing, apps don’t allow me to set things up the way that’s the most beneficial for how my mind works.
4. It’s nice to have a break from the screen. I spend a lot of time looking at screens; whether I am typing blog posts, recording videos, editing videos or interacting on social media platforms.
5. Getting interruptions from my phone. There are calls, texts, and notifications that are constantly interrupting me when I am doing other things on my phone.
6. I am able to be a better planner because I have all the madness from my mind out in front of me. Thinking and making decisions is easier when you have all the pieces together.
7. The satisfaction of marking a tick box from my task as complete is priceless! A lot of time is spent constructing the plan of action for goals. It’s fantastic to accomplish the tasks to accomplish them!
8. Physically writing things down has benefits that are sometimes forgotten. For instance, better memory retention, engaging all parts of your brain and being creative.
9. The customization is endless! I have the ability to change my setup if I choose, as well as adding things to make finding items easier.
10. All the supplies! I love, love, love paper! I love notebooks, folders, paper, pens, highlighters, sticky notes, washi tape, page flags, markers, paints, pencils, paper clips, binder clips, and stickers.
For some, digital planning is the best option. I encourage you to do works best for you.
Can you relate to my reasoning for paper planning? I would love to know why you prefer paper planning or digital planning.